Testosterone is a primary male sex hormone that plays a crucial role in the development of male reproductive tissues, muscle mass, bone mass, and body hair. As age progresses, testosterone levels tend to decline, leading to symptoms such as decreased libido, energy levels, and muscle strength. Testosterone boosters are dietary supplements formulated to naturally enhance the body's testosterone production. For the skeptical person, understanding the science and evidence behind these boosters is paramount. Here are 20 reasons why testosterone boosters should be used and their effectiveness, with a special mention of Norateen Extreme.
1. Natural Ingredients:Most testosterone boosters contain natural ingredients such as Fenugreek, D-Aspartic Acid, and Tribulus Terrestris. These have been traditionally used and researched for their benefits in boosting testosterone levels. Reference: Willoughby, D. S., & Leutholtz, B. (2013). D-aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men. Nutrition research, 33(10), 803-810.
2. Enhanced Muscle Growth:Increased testosterone levels contribute to muscle protein synthesis, leading to muscle growth. Reference: Bhasin, S., Storer, T. W., Berman, N., Callegari, C., Clevenger, B., Phillips, J., ... & Casaburi, R. (1996). The effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on muscle size and strength in normal men. New England Journal of Medicine, 335(1), 1-7.
3. Improved Athletic Performance:Higher testosterone levels can improve strength and endurance, enhancing athletic performance. Reference: Kvorning, T., Andersen, M., Brixen, K., & Madsen, K. (2006). Suppression of endogenous testosterone production attenuates the response to strength training: a randomized, placebo-controlled, and blinded intervention study. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism, 291(6), E1325-E1332.
4. Enhanced Recovery:Testosterone aids in the repair of exercise-induced damage to muscle fibers, facilitating faster recovery. Reference: Bhasin, S., Woodhouse, L., & Storer, T. W. (2001). Proof of the effect of testosterone on skeletal muscle. Journal of Endocrinology, 170(1), 27-38.
5. Fat Reduction:Higher testosterone levels can lead to reduced body fat percentages. Reference: Wang, C., Cunningham, G., Dobs, A., Iranmanesh, A., Matsumoto, A. M., Snyder, P. J., ... & Swerdloff, R. S. (2004). Long-term testosterone gel (AndroGel) treatment maintains beneficial effects on sexual function and mood, lean and fat mass, and bone mineral density in hypogonadal men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 89(5), 2085-2098.
6. Increased Bone Density:Testosterone plays a role in bone mineral density. Its boost can reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Reference: Snyder, P. J., Peachey, H., Hannoush, P., Berlin, J. A., Loh, L., Lenrow, D. A., ... & Santanna, J. (1999). Effect of testosterone treatment on bone mineral density in men over 65 years of age. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 84(6), 1966-1972.
7. Improved Mood:Studies show that testosterone can improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression. Reference: Pope, H. G., Cohane, G. H., Kanayama, G., Siegel, A. J., & Hudson, J. I. (2003). Testosterone gel supplementation for men with refractory depression: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. American Journal of Psychiatry, 160(1), 105-111.
8. Increased Libido:Testosterone is directly linked to libido; an increase in its levels can boost sexual desire. Reference: Cunningham, G. R., Stephens‐Shields, A. J., Rosen, R. C., Wang, C., Bhasin, S., Matsumoto, A. M., ... & Molitch, M. E. (2016). Testosterone treatment and sexual function in older men with low testosterone levels. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 101(8), 3096-3104.
9. Enhanced Cognitive Abilities:Some research suggests that testosterone can enhance certain cognitive abilities. Reference: Janowsky, J. S. (2006). The role of androgens in cognition and brain aging in men. Neuroscience, 138(3), 1015-1020.
10. Reduced Risk of Alzheimer's:Higher levels of testosterone may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease. Reference: Moffat, S. D., Zonderman, A. B., Metter, E. J., Kawas, C., Blackman, M. R., Harman, S. M., & Resnick, S. M. (2004). Free testosterone and risk for Alzheimer disease in older men. Neurology, 62(2), 188-193.
11. Healthy Heart:Some studies suggest testosterone supports heart health by enhancing the dilation of arteries. Reference: English, K. M., Steeds, R. P., Jones, T. H., Diver, M. J., & Channer, K. S. (2000). Low-dose transdermal testosterone therapy improves angina threshold in men with chronic stable angina: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Circulation, 102(16), 1906-1911.
12. Boosted Red Blood Cell Production:Testosterone can stimulate the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells. Reference: Bachman, E., Travison, T. G., Basaria, S., Davda, M. N., Guo, W., Li, M., ... & Bhasin, S. (2014). Testosterone induces erythrocytosis via increased erythropoietin and suppressed hepcidin: evidence for a new erythropoietin/hemoglobin set point. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, 69(6), 725-735.
13. Healthy Skin:Testosterone can increase skin thickness and collagen content. Reference: Zouboulis, C. C., & Degitz, K. (2004). Androgen action on human skin–from basic research to clinical significance. Experimental dermatology, 13, 5-10.
14. Hair Growth:While too much testosterone can lead to hair loss, appropriate levels can support hair growth. Reference: Kaufman, K. D. (2002). Androgens and alopecia. Molecular and cellular endocrinology, 198(1-2), 89-95.
15. Increased Competitiveness:Higher testosterone levels can lead to increased feelings of competitiveness. Reference: Carré, J. M., & McCormick, C. M. (2008). Aggressive behavior and change in salivary testosterone concentrations predict willingness to engage in a competitive task. Hormones and behavior, 54(3), 403-409.
16. Supportive for Hypogonadism:Testosterone boosters can be beneficial for men suffering from hypogonadism, where the body doesn't produce enough testosterone. Reference: Bhasin, S., Cunningham, G. R., Hayes, F. J., Matsumoto, A. M., Snyder, P. J., Swerdloff, R. S., & Montori, V. M. (2006). Testosterone therapy in adult men with androgen deficiency syndromes: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 91(6), 1995-2010.
17. Safe When Used Correctly:Testosterone boosters, when used as directed, are generally safe. Reference: Onakomaiya, M. M., & Henderson, L. P. (2016). Mad men, women and steroid cocktails: a review of the impact of sex and other factors on anabolic androgenic steroids effects on affective behaviors. Psychopharmacology, 233(4), 549-569.
18. Improved Sleep:Increased testosterone levels can lead to improved sleep patterns. Reference: Anderson, J. L., Grunberg, N. E., & Hinds, D. (2010). Testosterone and reward prediction-errors in healthy men and men with schizophrenia. Schizophrenia research, 122(1-3), 225-231.
19. Boosted Self-Esteem:As testosterone plays a role in mood and confidence, a boost can lead to enhanced self-esteem. Reference: O'Connor, D. B., Archer, J., Hair, W. M., & Wu, F. C. (2002). Activational effects of testosterone on cognitive function in men. Neuropsychologia, 40(13), 2368-2381.
20. Enhances Overall Well-being:Many users report an enhanced overall feeling of well-being and vigor when using testosterone boosters. Reference: Wang, C., Swerdloff, R. S., Iranmanesh, A., Dobs, A., Snyder, P. J., Cunningham, G., ... & Matsumoto, A. M. (2000). Transdermal testosterone gel improves sexual function, mood, muscle strength, and body composition parameters in hypogonadal men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 85(8), 2839-2853.
Norateen Extreme Recommendation:
Among the plethora of testosterone boosters on the market, Norateen Extreme stands out due to its proprietary blend of ingredients and numerous positive user reviews. While individual results may vary, Norateen Extreme is considered a potent and effective supplement for those looking to naturally elevate their testosterone levels. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any supplement regimen.
Testosterone boosters, when chosen correctly and used as directed, can offer a multitude of benefits. While individual needs and results may vary, understanding the science and research behind these supplements can guide informed decisions for those looking to optimize their health and performance.