Getting a well-defined chest is a main goal for a lot of gym-goers and its very important that you hit the chest muscles at many different angles to achieve the desired results. With that in mind, you should also be aiming to achieve a good mind-muscle connection and be smart when training in order to effectively stimulate the muscles into growth.
This chest warmup exercise might feel tough the first few times you do it but if you implement it into your chest workouts then you’ll start to see great results in no time at all.
- 20 press ups – standard form – steady to fast pace
The blood should be flowing to the chest and arm muscles now ready for the rest of the warm up. You will do this next set all in one go as one set of 10 reps with no rest.
- 5 press ups – standard form – 3 seconds down, hold for 1 second and explode back to start.
- 5 press ups – standard form – fast pace
You will do this again, but this time you will use a narrow form, so your arms and elbows will be by your sides.
- 5 press ups – narrow form – 3 seconds down, hold for 1 second and explode back to start.
- 5 press ups – narrow form – fast pace
Form, technique and the different speeds are all extremely important to help you get the best out of this chest warmup. To benefit further you can always add a great pump agent such as Vasculator for a pre-workout and you’ll get some excellent pumps during your workouts.